About the Podcast
Rewild My Bio is a self help and alternative health podcast where host Shawn Slade, the occasional co-host, and guests share stories, science, and strategies that aim to inspire listeners to reintegrate their biology and biography with the cycles of the living Earth.
Join us weekly as Shawn interviews an eclectic line up of wild and wonderful guests to spark thoughtful discussion on Rewilding various aspects of modern civilization for the good of all beings on this planet and beyond. Areas of interest include nature connection, personal development, ancestral health, spirituality, entrepreneurship, and environmental and socio-economic issues.
Shawn Slade is the creator and host of the ReWild My Bio Podcast. Shawn’s life work for the last 15 years has explored the philosophy and practice of lifestyle medicine.
“The idea of human rewilding offers a promising framework through which we can see alternative solutions to some of the biggest problems we face in modern day life; such as individual and public health epidemics, industrial pollution, resource allocation, and the degeneration of natural spaces and ecosystems.”
After completing degrees in Business and Economics, and Political Science Shawn operated a strength and holistic lifestyle coaching practice for years before closing his practice to return to university for a PhD in Health Promotion. During this time Shawn co-founded Booch Inc., one of Canada’s largest craft kombucha brewer’s based out of London, Ontario.
As a lifestyle entrepreneur with a passion for holistic health and nature based therapies, Shawn has studied from some of the greatest schools of thought in fitness and nutrition. Shawn has also received international recognition as a leader in the fitness industry and has lectured across North America at academic conferences and social entrepreneur panels. Shawn has facilitated many workshops andcertificate programs in nutrition and has since won awards as a young entrepreneur (1,2, 3) and academic researcher.
Shawn is now focused on creating and delivering content through his podcast, publications, and public speaking engagements while completing a PhD. Shawn’s areas of academic interest are in sedentary behaviour and physical activity; fermented food and digestive health; wilderness based therapies; spirituality and health; and philosophical foundations of qualitative inquiry.
This show grows wild so topics and subjects discussed are varied and always eco-centric. Please subscribe to the show if any of these topics interest you.
Wilderness Based Therapies and Nature Activities
- Forest Bathing
- Sun Gazing
- Hiking and Camping, etc.
Current Topics in Health Promotion/ Education
- Bacteria, Mitochondria, and Microbiome Health
- Horizontal Gene Transfer, Epigenetic’s, Hygiene Hypothesis
- Evolutionary, Herbal, Indigenous, and Integrative forms of Medicine
- Physical Activity and Sedentary Behaviour, and Natural Movement
- Health Science Literacy and Critical Perspectives in Health Science Research
Wild Food and Nutrition
- Local Food Security and Sovereignty
- Feast Famine Cycles, Ancestral and Seasonal Diets
- Hunting, Foraging, Fishing, and Cooking Wild Food
- Food Preservation and Fermentation
Current Topics in Environmental Studies
- Access to Healthy Publicly Owned Wild Lands
- Built Environment and Urban Green Space
- Ecosystem Regeneration
Rewilding and Expanding Human Consciousness
- Breathwork, Meditation, Entheogens
- Spiritual Ecology and Earth Based Spiriutuality
- Individual Stories of Challenge, Myth, and Purpose
Economics of Rewilding
- Green Conscious Capitalism
- The Gift Economy, Money and Banking
- Social Entrepreneurship, Social Enterprises